Wednesday 3 December 2014

God's new for you and for me

“He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”
(Revelation 21:5)

There have never been any words that we needed to be trustworthy and true more than these five words spoken by the One who sits on the throne of all thrones. In them are hidden the very core of our greatest need, our greatest desire…to be released from a place of struggle. In them is the essence of our hope…a new beginning. 


Let us brainstorm straight into the concept. What are the things that you and I desperately need to be made new?


At this time of the year energy levels are the first to come to mind but as I let my thoughts run through my own life as well as the lives of those around me whether family, friend or mere acquaintance, the list comes quicker than I can type…


Finances
Relationships
Hopes
Health
Opportunities
Inspiration
Courage
Vision
Plans
Emotions
Thoughts
Actions
Habits
Lifestyles
Strength
Motivations
Attitudes

… the list is infinitive.


Should we have to rely on ourselves for these to be renewed, our inability would soon cause us to despair. Should the ability for these things to be renewed cease to exist at all, we would find ourselves trapped in a pit of hopelessness, desperation and darkness. 


That is why this verse is balm to our weariness wherever it finds us. They are trustworthy and true and even more importantly, spoken by the Almighty God to and for us!!!!


Let everyone who is weary from a situation, a circumstance, a condition of body, heart or soul feed on these promises of newness from the Bread of Life and drink from the Living Waters:


“Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert” (Isaiah 43:19)


“A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.” (Ezekiel 36:26)


“Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.” (2 Corinthians 5:17)


Such is my God, my Father and Jesus Christ. He makes things new! He could have consumed but ‘because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning…”


How many mistakes have we made this year?
How many times have we failed?
How many times have we refused to listen to Him?
How many times have we rebelled?
How many times have we been hurt? 


This morning was new.

Whatever happens today, tomorrow morning will be new. 


…New in God’s compassion for you;
new in His mercies and blessings for you;
new in healing for your hurts;
new in His guidance for your next move…


Therefore, stop this very minute to dwell on what has taken place today or yesterday or yesteryear. Stop looking at your current situation with despair and rather turn to God with an expectation for Him to act on His words that are trustworthy and true and sing with the Psalmist:


“And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD.” (Psalm 40:3)


To me personally, this year has been one of great achievements in Christ yet also great challenges. The process of being transformed by the Spirit to the likeness of the Son is often a painful and difficult one. Yet, as I have turned to and trusted upon my awesome God, He has continued to hold me close to His heart, giving me the ability and strength and joy to enter each new day, time and time again. 


I praise Him with a new song for today in my heart!!


And as today is drawing to an end, I am looking forward to newness of life with Him tomorrow! How about you? 


God bless,
Lize

2 comments:

  1. I can only say the same as Peter: Lord where else will we go? We as a family have had a rough year. Again my brother is seriously ill and in hospital and still you can just look up and know, God is in control and have a plan with whatever is happening. And I look around me and see things happening, and I wonder where do people go that does not have the wonderful grace of God to stand on.
    Thanks Lise for reminding us of the new song in our hearts. You are a blessing to us all.
    Regards
    Dalena
    (Dalena Mostert
    WTS
    P.O. Box 1103
    Tzaneen
    0850)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dalena, indeed He is our Rock and our Refuge and though He does care about our life here on earth and indeed helps us in this life, He is ultimately also our Rock and Refuge taking us through this life into our heavenly home! He is the only One who can do that for us now and for ever! God bless and strengthen you in your faith. Lize.

      Delete