Monday 2 February 2015

The greatest of these is love

Today I want to share the daily devotional from my Face Book page 'Growing in Christ with Lize Dumon'. (You can find the link at the top of my blog if you want to follow it.)


This is such an important message that I myself have to be reminded of on a regular basis. It is too important to miss!


Daily devotional for 2 February 2015:




"But the greatest of these is love." (1 Corinthians 13:13)


 Whenever the Word of God spurs us on to love, that love is always directed at persons and at God. It is never directed at things. Yet, this morning I am reminded that often we do direct our love at things.

We spend a lot of time and money on obtaining and maintaining things. We can get caught up in beautifying, cleaning and sorting our ...houses. The same can be said of our gardens or cars or artwork or hobbies...they can all become extremely important to us taking up our time and energy...but it is kind of wasted time and energy in one sense because these things are dead.

Above my piano I have these words in a frame:

People more so than things need to be refreshed, renewed, restored and cared for.

People, not things, need love and people need love, not things.

Are you loving the people in your life with your presence, time, focus and energy?


I hope that you have been inspired and convicted today to go out and love and care for the people in your life!


God bless,
Lize

No comments:

Post a Comment