Sunday 9 February 2014

A royal bride

This blog originates from a book that I have just published titled 'Bride Adorned...always radiant in Christ'. If we believe in Jesus Christ as our Saviour, we are His bride! You and I, once mere sinful people, have now become...a royal bride!!

Do you perhaps find this hard to believe? Look at this beautiful description from Ezekiel 16: 10-13

"I wrapped you in fine linen and covered you with silk. And I adorned you with ornaments and put bracelets on your wrists and a chain on your neck. And I put a ring on your nose and earrings in your ears and a beautiful crown on your head. Thus you were adorned with gold and silver, and your clothing was of fine linen and silk and embroidered cloth...You grew exceedingly beautiful and advanced to royalty."

God wrapped us, covered us and adorned us and, thus touched by His love, we grow exceedingly beautiful and advance to royalty. YOU AND I ARE ROYALTY!

May I ask you...do you enter each day with this identity, this knowledge...that you are a royal bride?

So often, our everyday lives are filled with hardships and struggles and instead of feeling like a bride, we feel stripped of all radiance and beauty. We lose sight of who we are. We don't look or feel like royal brides, do we?

I would love to know how you feel!  Please take a second or two to partake in the poll at the bottom of the page, indicating whether you feel or do not feel like a radiant bride.

In my book 'Bride Adorned' I set out to encourage all Christians and to remind us that we have a Groom with a love so strong and unfailing for us, His beloved bride, that He gave himself to bring us healing and to strengthen us.

'If we allow our Groom to take our face into His tender hands and lift our eyes unto Him, the love we see there will fill us anew with a radiant, confident beauty - inviting those around us to come and share in the everlasting and unfailing love of God that there is for us in Christ Jesus.' (from Bride Adorned)

Dear friend, this is where I want to be...confident and radiant in Jesus' love for me and my love for Him. I want to know that I know that I am His most precious bride. When adversity and difficulty enters my life, I want to be able to say, "I am a dearly loved bride and my Groom will not abandon me. He is with me to help me, strengthen me and to fight for me and He is the Son of the Almighty God...I shall not fear nor faint."

Don't you also want to be in such a place? Through this weekly blog, we will journey together until we are there!

To buy 'Bride Adorned', click on the following link: http://groep7-selfpublish-books.co.za/home/210-bride-adorned-lize-dumon.html

Until next week,
God bless.




No comments:

Post a Comment